Saturday, August 1, 2009

MASH The Octagon, Dunedin

My current preferred place for coffee in Dunedin is MASH on the Octagon.

Since I've moved to Dunedin, its the only place I've found using Supreme Organic Fairtrade beans (my favourite) and there is great consistency in their long blacks - not barista specific. The staff are friendly and efficient.

MASH is a small place but has outside seating for fine days . Its also one of the few cafes on the Octagon that isn't a bar although they do serve drinks. They have good range of delicious cabinet food and small menu. I often have brunch here in a weekend and can highly reccomemend their potato gratin with chorizo, poached eggs and tomato chilli jam.

I favour MASH for several reasons. Firstly the service is excellent, even when on your own. I stopped going to a nearby cafe because their attitude to solo patrons was appalling. Its also centrally located and close to theatres, galleries, library and the Saturday morning market at the Railway Station. Finally they have great art, including a stunning 'whole wall' piece by Pete Wheeler.

No comments:

Post a Comment